Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How to Crash a Killer Bash

 Penny Warner's second outing with her new series of party- planning mysteries was a party not to be forgotten anytime soon.  We catch up with Presley Parker at a famous art museum during their murder-mystery charity gala that she's organized.  Things were running fairly smoothly until the gala's host, Mary Lee Miller, is found dead during the event.  Presley's best friend Delicia is soon arrested because of an earlier argument she had with the victim and is the prime suspect.

Now, Presley must depend on her sharp organizing skills and abnormal psychology background to help her railroaded friend from being put on trail for a murder she did not commit. 

The pacing and intricately woven plot were spot on and kept me entertained throughout.  The museum back drop was not only interesting but clearly well researched.  While I did solve the murder quite early on (I blame it on my viewing a recent episode of Bones in assisting me with picking out the murderer), I wasn't 100% sure of my suspect choice almost until the end.

I also enjoyed the secondary plots (Presley's mom & her Alzheimer's), the romantic tension (Brad the crime scene cleaner & his mysteriousness) and humor, all add to this cozy.  I can't wait till the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment